Featured in this issue of Welsh Country Magazine:
6. WELSH CONNECTIONS – Karen Foy climbs high above the town of Llandudno in search of a property with an intriguing history.
9. ON THE FLY – Tony Rees wonders what will this year’s fishing season bring……..
Out & About
11. STORIES IN STONE – Geoff Brookes explains why the terms of Frances Power Cobbe’s will were very specific.
14. WALKING WALES – Tom Hutton’s walk links two of the most popular resorts in Pembrokeshire – Saundersfoot to Tenby via a lovely stretch of coast path that includes sheltered wooded dells and windswept headlands with great sea views.
18. Dylan thomas and laugharne – Stephen Roberts visits Laugharne and has a literary moment, having a ‘Welsh Tea’ at Dylan Thomas’s boathouse.
22 NEWSROUND – A snapshot of what’s happening around Wales.
Eat, Drink & Sleep
24. BEST OF WELSH & BORDERS FOOD GUIDE – An easy way to support our artisan food producers and source the best food and drink from Wales & the Borders.
30. WELSH KITCHEN – Four suggestions to help you solve those dinner dilemmas: Brazilian rib & black eyed bean salad, Roasted British asparagus with chorizo and a poached egg, Smoked haddock and watercress fishcakes and BerryWorld strawberry & British asparagus mini quiches
32. WHERE TO EAT – Fabulous food, much of it local in our selection of the best restaurants, bistros, inns and pubs.
34. FOOD LARDER – The latest news from our Best Of Welsh & Border producers.
35. HOT FROM THE KITCHEN – Mary Ann Gilchrist is beset with the decisions she has to make about the Welsh elections and Europe.
36. food festivals – Food festivals a great way of tasting the best of Welsh food and drink whilst having a super day all for all the family.
56. STAY AWHILE – If you can escape, head for one of our super places.
37. MUSIC – Five varied CDs for you to enjoy.
37. GRUMPY OLD GEEZER – Grumpy Old Geezer wonders what will happen to the Freedom Of Information Act.
38. COFFEE BREAK – Test your skills with our crossword and suduko puzzles.
40. PICTORIAL WALES – A warm welcome to photographer Lewis Phillips who is sharing some of his work with us.
44. ARTS – With Father’s Day in mind, our talented Welsh artists and craft makers making choosing a special gift so easy.
48. PAMPER – Beauty products and some great gift ideas for Father’s Day.
53. POETRY – Martin Perry’s poem is about Richard Burton and beautifully illustrated by Jason O’Brien.
54. BOOKSHELF – There’s nothing like settling down for a peaceful read of a good book.
61. GARDENING – Penny Davies from The National Garden Scheme wonders if in May it’s spring or summer?
66. HOROSCOPES – Christine Chalklin gives her forecast for May and June.
67. NOTHING TO WEAR? – There’s clothing temptation from: Berghaus, Craghoppers, Helly Hansen and Weird Fish.
64. WELSH COUNTRY MARKETPLACE