Featured in this issue of Welsh Country Magazine:
6. WELSH CONNECTIONS – Karen Foy recounts a tragic tale of bravery and heroism in Holyhead.
9. FISHING – Since his early days, Tony Rees has been fishing for trout in Wales.
Out & About
11. STORIES IN STONE – Frederick Higginson – The Man Who Fell to Earth, Geoff Brookes tells the tale.
14. WALKING WALES – Tom Hutton visits Cwmtydu and offers a walk of 2 halves with the highlight of a stretch of coastal path and ancient earthworks of Castell Bach.
18. CAERNARFON – Stephen Roberts gives us an insight into Caernarfon, the county town of Gwynedd with its massive castle and 14th century town walls.
20. NEWSROUND – A snapshot of what’s happening around Wales.
Eat, Drink & Sleep
22. BEST OF WELSH & BORDERS FOOD GUIDE – Please use our listing to source the best food and drink in Wales and the Borders.
28. WELSH KITCHEN – Four suggestions to help you solve your dinner and tea dilemmas: Smoked Duck Breast With A Savoury Denbigh Plum & Baobab Sauce, Turkey and Mozzarella Christmas Sandwich Loaf, Berryworld Cranberry and apple sauce and for afters BerryWorld Strawberry and Rhubarb Crumble.
30. WHERE TO EAT – Fabulous food, much of it local in our selection of the best restaurants, bistros, inns and pubs.
32. FOOD LARDER – The latest news from our Best Of Welsh & Border producers.
33 HOT FROM THE KITCHEN – Mary Ann Gilchrist, despite a good trading year, bemoans the marked lack of overseas visitors.
56 STAY AWHILE – If you can escape for a break, do try one of our super places.
35. INTERVIEW – Sarah Roberts spends some time with Mair Jones, Community Activist, Care Campaigner, Cohesion Advocator, Former Social Worker and Peace Campaigner and is impressed with her educated, perceptive wit.
38. PICTORIAL WALES – A welcome return to the superb photographer Anthony Pease.
42. ARTS – Use our talented Welsh artists and craft makers to source that special Christmas gift.
46. PAMPER – Plenty of present ideas for Christmas.
52. GRUMPY OLD GEEZER – makes no excuse for still worrying about our NHS.
52. MUSIC – Five varied CDs for you to enjoy
53. POETRY – Martin Perry’s poem – Swansea Rain has again been brilliantly illustrated by Jason O’Brien.
54. BOOKSHELF – Book choices for you to read or give as Christmas gifts.
61. GARDENING – Penny Davies from the National Gardening Scheme looks at the late autumn garden.
66. HOROSCOPES –Christine Chalklin gives her forecast for November and December.
67. NOTHING TO WEAR? – There’s clothing temptation from: Berghaus, Muck Boots, Musto and Schoffel.
64 WELSH COUNTRY MARKETPLACE