Featured in this issue of Welsh Country Magazine:
6. WELSH CONNECTIONS –Karen Foy finds out more about Lewis Carroll’s famous literary character, Alice In Wonderland and her connections with the Welsh coastal town of Llandudno.
9 ON THE FLY – Moc Morgan thinks that if young people had the chance to learn about fishing, it would keep many of them out of trouble.
11 STORIES IN STONE – Geoff Brookes tells the tale of Bertram Clough Williams-Ellis. Not a number – A free man.
14 HIDDEN TREASURES – Harry Gregory explains the origins of the Coonor Cross.
16. WALKING WALES – At 752m, Pumlumon is the highest mountain in mid Wales and made more special by its lack of popularity
20 NEWSROUND – Your latest snapshot of what’s happening around Wales.
22 – BEST OF WELSH & BORDERS FOOD GUIDE – Do support our artisan food producers by sourcing the best food and drink from Wales & the Borders. It so important that we all buy local Welsh food.
28. WELSH KITCHEN – Griddled Salmon On A Bed Of Broccoli, Shallot And Chilli Stir Fry Pork Chops in Streamline Marmalade Sauce, White Chocolate And Cherry Blondies and Sweet Eve Strawberry & Blackberry Clafoutis Monique.
30. WHERE TO EAT – Fabulous food, much of it local and our selection of the best restaurants, bistros, inns and pubs.
32 FOOD LARDER – The latest news from our Best Of Welsh & Border producers.
34 FOOD FESTIVALS – Quite a few of our Best Of Welsh & Borders producers will be attending the festivals shown, so please support them.
35 HOT FROM THE KITCHEN – Chef Mary Ann Gilchrist voices her concerns about the new E.U directive, which came into force last year with regard to food allergens.
56 STAY AWHILE – The warmer weather is here, so try and escape and try one of our super places.
39. ARTS – An easy way to locate that perfect present is to use one of our talented Welsh artists and craft makers.
40. POETRY – ‘Up From Swansea Bay’ is Martin Perry’s poem for this issue, beautifully illustrated by Jason O’Brien.
41. PICTORIAL WALES – Delighted to welcome another talented photographer to WCM, Stephanie Burgess, hope you enjoy her photographs as much as we did.
46. MUSIC – Five cds that hopefully you’ll enjoy.
46.GRUMPY OLD GEEZER – Grumpy is still worried about the current state of the NHS.
47. PAMPER –.Gift ideas for Father’s Day and lots of beauty treats.
54. BOOKSHELF – We’ve reviewed a further seven books for this issue.
61. GARDENING – The garden is coming to life at Gregynog Hall, Newtown, Powys.
66. HOROSCOPES – Holiday Destinations for Capricorns and Sagittarians.
67 NOTHING TO WEAR? Clothing ideas that should tempt you from Fitflops, Joules, Mountain Horse and Weird Fish.
64 WELSH COUNTRY MARKETPLACE
64 WELSH COUNTRY WEBLINKS