Featured in this issue of Welsh Country Magazine:
6. WELSH CONNECTIONS – Karen Foy takes a look at The Whizzpoppingly Wonderful World of Dahl.
9. ON THE FLY – Tony Rees shows how fishing helps to boost the local economy.
Out & About
11. STORIES IN STONE – Geoff Brookes asks: Did Willie Evans really kill his mother so that he could have a bicycle?
14. WALKING WALES – Often seen, yet seldom climbed: Yr Aran – the ‘little pointy one next to Snowdon’ – is a real connoisseurs’ mountain says Tom Hutton.
18. THE DAY THAT IT RAINED – Gillian Thomas tells us about her hiking holiday in north-mid Wales with her son.
20. NEWSROUND – A snapshot of what’s happening around Wales.
Eat, Drink & Sleep
22. BEST OF WELSH & BORDERS FOOD GUIDE – Please support our artisan food producers by sourcing the best food and drink from Wales & the Borders.
28. WELSH KITCHEN – Four suggestions to help you solve those dinner dilemmas: Smoked Haddock and Watercress Fishcakes; Honey & Ginger Infused Beetroot, Chickpea & Baby Kale Salad with Pork Chops; One Pan Roast Lunch of Chicken, Beetroot, Potatoes & Carrots With Olive Oil, Garlic & White Wine; and BerryWorld Blueberry & Lemon Curd Muffins.
30. WHERE TO EAT – Fabulous food, much of it local in our selection of the best restaurants, bistros, inns and pubs.
32. FOOD LARDER – The latest news from our Best Of Welsh & Border producers.
33. HOT FROM THE KITCHEN – Mary Ann Gilchrist looks forward to what 2016 might bring.
56. STAY AWHILE – Try and escape to one of our super places.
34. ARTS – Our talented Welsh artists and craft makers make choosing a special gift so easy.
38. MUSIC – Five varied CDs for you to enjoy.
38. GRUMPY OLD GEEZER – Grumpy considers rural versus urban.
39. POETRY – Martin Perry’s poem is about Brecon Cathedral and is beautifully illustrated by Jason O’Brien.
40. PICTORIAL WALES – A warm welcome back to talented photographer Stephanie Burgess who shares some of her work with us.
46. COFFEE BREAK – Test your skills with our crossword and suduko puzzles.
48. PAMPER – A selection of beauty products that might give you ideas for Mother’s Day presents.
54. BOOKSHELF – Curl up and enjoy our book choices.
61. GARDENING – The National Garden Scheme looks forward to the spring garden.
66. HOROSCOPES – Christine Chalklin gives her forecast for March and April.
67. NOTHING TO WEAR? – There’s clothing temptation from: Craghoppers, Muck Boots, Musto and Weird Fish.
64. WELSH COUNTRY MARKETPLACE