Featured in this issue of Welsh Country Magazine:
6. WELSH CONNECTIONS – Karen Foy finds out more about a foreign monarch who left a lasting impression upon the north Wales coast.
9. ON THE FLY –Tony Rees gives his view on sea fishing around Wales.
OUT & ABOUT
11. STORIES IN STONE – With Remembrance Sunday in our thoughts, Geoff Brookes travels to the battlefields of Ypres to find William Jones.
14. WALKING WALES – Tom Hutton says this is the easiest walk to follow that we’ve ever printed in WCM taking in Goodrich Castle and the River Wye.
18. NEWSROUND – A snapshot of what’s happening around Wales.
MEET, EAT, DRINK & SLEEP
20. BEST OF WELSH & BORDERS FOOD GUIDE – Please support our artisan food producers by sourcing the best food and drink from Wales & the Borders. It’s important that we all buy local Welsh food and drink.
26. WELSH KITCHEN – Four suggestions to help you over the festive period: Honey Glazed Brussels Sprouts & Beetroot with Blue Cheese & Walnuts, Cider Glazed Roasted Fenland Celery with Crispy Parmesan Topping, Streamline Blackcurrant and Apple Mince Pies and Christmas Cupcakes.
28. WHERE TO EAT – Fabulous food, much of it local in our selection of the best restaurants, bistros, inns and pubs.
30. FOOD LARDER – The latest news from our Best Of Welsh & Border producers.
31. HOT FROM THE KITCHEN – Mary Ann Gilchrist looks back over the year and gives her verdict on the TV programme, Farmer and the Food chain.
56. STAY AWHILE – As winter approaches perhaps you can escape and try one of our super places.
32. POETRY – Cross Your Bridges, Martin Perry’s latest poem that has been beautifully illustrated by Jason O’Brien.
33. ARTS – An easy way to track down that great gift is to use one of our talented Welsh artists and craft makers.
38. PICTORIAL WALES – Talented photographer Anthony Pease shows some of his beautiful landscapes images.
46. MUSIC – Five varied CDs for you to enjoy.
46. GRUMPY OLD GEEZER – Grumpy wonders – Are we all in this together?
47. PAMPER – Christmas gift ideas, stocking fillers and suggestions for anyone who loves spending time in the kitchen.
54. BOOKSHELF – Seven books that might appeal to you as you curl up by the fire or for gift ideas.
61. GARDENING – This is the final gardening feature from Gregynog Hall, Newtown, Powys explaining life at the Hall as winter approaches.
66. HOROSCOPES –Christine Chalklin gives her forecast for November and December.
67. NOTHING TO WEAR? There’s clothing temptation from Craghoppers, Fitflops, Jack Wolfskin, Weird Fish.
64. WELSH COUNTRY MARKETPLACE
64. WELSH COUNTRY WEBLINKS