Featured in this issue of Welsh Country Magazine:
6. WELSH CONNECTIONS – Karen Foy highlights three properties giving us a glimpse of ‘Conwy’ life through the ages.
9. ON THE FLY – Tony Rees sees how fishing is for many a way of life.
Out & About
11. STORIES IN STONE – Geoff Brookes researches the life of Rhys ap Thomas, Llandeilo’s most famous son, who is buried in St Peter’s, Carmarthen.
14. WALKING WALES – Tom Hutton dons his walking boots and heads to the Black Mountains, such magnificent walking country to explore Hay Bluff.
18. LLIGWY – Heather Whelan visits the north east coast of Anglesey and explores Lligwy, near the village of Moelfre.
20. NEWSROUND – A snapshot of what’s happening around Wales.
Eat, Drink & Sleep
22. BEST OF WELSH & BORDERS FOOD GUIDE – Please support our artisan producers by sourcing the best food and drink from Wales & the Borders. It’s so important that we all back Wales and buy Welsh food and drink.
28. WELSH KITCHEN – In this issue our four recipe suggestions are: Belleau Kitchen’s Leek & Cauliflower Soup with Lemongrass and Coconut Milk, White Fish Curry from Estelles’ Gower Goodies, Cod & Watercress Parcels and Beetroot Superfood Truffles.
30. WHERE TO EAT – Fabulous food, much of it local in our selection of the best restaurants, bistros, inns and pubs.
32. FOOD LARDER – The latest news from our Best Of Welsh & Border producers.
33. HOT FROM THE KITCHEN – Mary Ann Gilchrist gives some help and advice for a romantic Valentine’s Day.
56. STAY AWHILE – If there’s any possibility you can grab a break – escape and try one of our super places.
34. MUSIC – Five varied CDs for you to enjoy.
34. GRUMPY OLD GEEZER – Grumpy continues to worry about the NHS in Wales.
35. ARTS – We’ve a superb collection of talented Welsh artists and craft makers.
39. POETRY – Martin Perry shares his poem Valley Town With Spectral Presence, about Sir Tom Jones, which is beautifully illustrated by Jason O’Brien.
40. PICTORIAL WALES – New to Welsh Country, photographer Matt Elias showcases some of his amazing work.
46. COFFEE BREAK – Test your skills with our crossword and suduko puzzles.
48. PAMPER – A beautiful choice of Pamper products and some Valentine gift ideas too.
54. BOOKSHELF – Bliss is curling up by a roaring log fire with one of our book selection.
61. GARDENING – We are delighted to be working with National Garden Scheme, to learn more about their role and which gardens are open in Powys during February.
66. HOROSCOPES – Christine Chalklin gives her forecast for January and February.
67. NOTHING TO WEAR? – There’s clothing temptation from Craghoppers, Helly Hansen, Joules and Weird Fish.
64. WELSH COUNTRY MARKETPLACE
64. WELSH COUNTRY WEBLINKS