In every issue of Welsh Country magazine, we have a very successful food section that consists of: the paid-for Best of Welsh & Borders food directory, which is the largest sustainable food directory of its kind in Wales; our recipe feature, Welsh Kitchen, which showcases seasonal dishes; and our From the Larder editorial page, dedicated to sharing the latest news from Welsh Country food members. We are convinced that we have the best food section of any Welsh magazine.
The directory itself sits within the food section of the magazine and assumes an editorial slant, thereby offering value to readers and advertisers alike.
How much does it cost?
The total cost for a 12 month listing within the food directory is £150 plus VAT, or you can pay via standing order at £16.00 per month inclusive.
What do I get for my money?
- A listing in the Best of Welsh & Borders directory in six issues of Welsh Country, comprising company name, location, telephone number and web address and 30 words of description. The description can be changed each issue, if required – again, the choice is yours.
- You can send in product images for possible inclusion within the Best of Welsh & Borders directory pages. In every issue, different product images are featured and those selected are captioned with company names.
In addition, the Best of Welsh & Borders offer the following benefits:
- Your own area within our website. (This can be updated and added to at any stage so as well as giving a company/product/s description, new launches/offers/awards so be sure to send us any news you have.)
- The opportunity to offer some competitions etc., within all of the Welsh Country online presence.
- The opportunity to submit recipes for the regular magazine recipe feature Welsh Kitchen. This recipe does need to fit certain criteria for the magazine, basically a high resolution photograph and 200 words.
- Cross selling. Helping to raise awareness of what foods you use or sell by connecting brands across our media.
- Constant updating of any relevant news that we come across as media that you may not get to hear about – so most weeks, about 2 emails, but around periods such as the Royal Welsh Show, it could be more.
- Editorial opportunity within Welsh Country magazine on our Food Larder This is limited to 200 words plus an image.
- Welsh Country magazine is in constant contact with representatives of both the Westminster Government and the Welsh Assembly, and the Welsh Food marketing department. We have successfully taken up many issues on behalf of companies, who may or may not want to be identified, and with considerable success.
- A voucher copy of Welsh Country magazine sent to your door each issue.
The advert is for a year and during that period we would include your business description and contact details etc., in the magazine and on our website. In addition to that, any press releases you send us in terms of news, images etc., will go onto our website, be shared on Facebook, Twitter and Google + and be considered for the magazine, in our Food Larder page.
We maintain an on-going dialogue with both the Best of Welsh & Borders members about any foodie news we hear on the circuit that may be relevant to you.
Basically, the more you can send to us, the more we’ll be able to do for you promotionally, so do send anything you have. We also include company profiles on the website so you’d have a detailed description of your business and background there too.
Part of our mission statement provides:
Welsh Country will create a good and vibrant market for all clients who need advertising, promotion and marketing. In creating this market, the philosophy of sharing and co operating together with those that work with Welsh Country, is paramount to each other’s mutual benefit of developing enthusiastically, satisfied customers.
Best of Welsh & Borders epitomises this as ‘the advertisement that is a lot more than an advert’.
We are so confident about our work with our Best of Welsh & Borders advertisers that we ask you to contact any of them to get their views on Welsh Country magazine.
For further information about advertising with Welsh Country please contact Ian by one of the following methods:
Tel: 01559 372010