Welsh Country is the pan Wales magazine that is essential reading for those that are passionate about the countryside of Wales, Welsh Food, Arts in Wales, Welsh Property, the history of Wales and its people, lifestyle, gardening and much more...
You are invited to enter a team in the first Lampeter Young People’s Food Festival Cooking Competition which takes place on Saturday 5 July in Victoria Hall, Lampeter.
Teams should comprise three young people between the ages of 11 and 18 attending your school or organisation. Each team should be accompanied by an adult (teacher, parent or similar) who can advise but not participate in the competition.
Each team will have 45 minutes to prepare and present a 3 course meal for two, comprising:
- Starter - Welsh Rarebit, or a dish based on this
- Main - Burger (meat or vegetarian) with garnish and accompaniments
- Dessert - Welsh cakes, or a dish based on this
Basic ingredients will be provided, but you are welcome to bring any unusual additions if desired. These additions can only be ingredients - no substantially ready-made or pre-prepared items.
A local historic Hall will be opening its gardens on Sunday 8th June from 11am – 4.30pm in aid of the National Garden Scheme. The grade 1 listed gardens at Gregynog Hall, Tregynon, Nr Newtown will be open in support of the charity and garden admission monies from the day will be donated to NGS.
Following the Annual General Meeting (AGM) held at the National Park Authority offices last month (Friday 27th June 2014), the new Chairman, Cllr Geraint Hopkins and Deputy Chairman, Mrs Melanie Doel were elected, along with the Chairs and Deputies of the Planning and Audit and Scrutiny Committees.
Whitsun Half Term 24 May – 1 June
Some highlights include:
Shearing Day 26th May all day
Join us for our annual shearing day with working demonstrations of both old and new shearing methods. There will also be a visit from the Ceredigion spinners and weavers who will be showing some of the ways wool can be used.
Grow your own day 29 May all day
Find out how to grow your own fruit and veg from our head gardener Tim Newby.
- Brave RWAS Pair Battle To Complete A Day Of Challenges To Raise Money For Radnor 2014 Feature County
- Wye Valley River Festival Event Goes Swimmingly
- Gregynog Hall Serves Up Exciting Programme Of Events For 2014
- Aberwyswyth Summer Welsh Course
- Open Spaces Society: New Green For Residents Of Talybont, Ceredigion
- Short Welsh Courses this Summer